Welcome to the Fossoway Community Website

NEWS

Community Council Minutes - 4 November 2014

Draft Minutes Fossoway and District Community Council
4th November, Powmill Moubray Hall

Attending: CCllrs: Trudy Duffy (chair), Kevin Borthwick, Alastair Lavery, Angus Cheape and Graham Pye; Cllrs Mike Barnacle and Dave Cuthbert; 10 members of the public.

Apologies: CClrs Sandy Morrison and Rod Paterson; Cllrs Joe Giacopazzi and Willie Robertson.

Declarations of Interest: None.

Police report: Yet again no Community Police officer was present, and neither was a Police report received, both of which are causing considerable concern to this CC and local Cllrs.

Minutes of the previous meeting: Were signed off without amendments.

Matters arising
Criminal Justice Unpaid Work Team: No response as yet from Carnbo Village Hall to request for work proposals; Kevin reports that Crook of Devon Village Hall has asked for further details of what work could be done, they have been put in touch with the organiser directly.
Rumbling Bridge Hydro Scheme: Kevin passed on report from Hugh Wallace that the remaining landowner has still to give consent – an alternative route is being considered with a further meeting on 19th November to discuss. There is concern amongst residents of Station Road about the new route of the pipeline, although experience of other schemes is that underground pipelines do not create noise problems. Once a new route is decided on, then an amended planning application will be submitted. A tour of comparable schemes in the Dunkeld area will be arranged on 15th November, any interested parties are welcome to attend. A presentation to all members of the public will be held on 3rd December to provide general project updates and to introduce the funding partner Energy 4 All.
Blairingone War Memorial: Cllr Barnacle reports that the PKC Tree Officer has inspected the site and decided that three trees should be felled to avoid any potential damage to the new wall.
Crook Moss Travellers’ Site: PKC’s Enforcement officer (Eddie Jordan) has sent a summary of the current position (as of 26th September) with respect to the planning conditions at this site: very few, if any, have actually been complied with. Cllrs are pressing the PKC Officers for resolution but with no success as yet, a MoP suggested that the original planning application should now be returned to the DMC. The Cllrs will also raise the issue with MSPs and MEPs. The CC will contact SEPA to find out the progress of the licence application. Additionally, Nick Brian will be invited to a future meeting of this CC to explain why these conditions are not being enforced.
Glenquey Quarry: The applications (10/02181/FLM and 10/02182/FLL) are finally on the agenda for the 19th November DMC meeting.
Blairingone Community Workshop: We’re still awaiting PKC’s strategic plan.
Lambhill Chipping plant: Cllr Barnacle reports that he is still waiting for the meeting with Nick Brian and local representatives, but Mr Brian has at last said he will send possible dates.
Crook Moss Community Acquisition: No further action until position is clarified with landowner regarding future developments in this area; consequently this item will be dropped from the agenda for the time being.
Landscape areas in Kinross-shire: When this consultation document has been reviewed, hopefully towards the end of November, this CC will be able to comment.
A977 Defects: Cllr Barnacle has been in conversation with Jim Valentine about this problem. Some of the problems have been laid at the door of Scottish Water.
Alternative views are held by Cllrs about how to address the overall problem of traffic on the A977, especially heavy vehicles; however all Cllrs continue to press the Council to implement a long-term solution, whether that consists of by-passes, traffic slowing measures or ways to encourage heavy traffic to follow more suitable routes. Possible short-term solutions could be the imposition of 20mph speed limits through the villages and/or speed cameras showing current speed. The CC could apply for finance to provide such cameras themselves.
Waulkmill Play Area: Is currently being refurbished, work continues. Next to the play area is a container holding football equipment which is no longer being used. Cllr Barnacle has arranged for the equipment to be moved elsewhere and for removal of the container. Once the play area is complete there may be an opportunity to create new parking for the Church.

New Business
Strathearn Forum of Community Councils: This forum has sent a strongly worded letter to Bernadette Malone raising concerns about Administrative and Strategic matters, most of which sound very familiar to this CC. A response is currently being prepared by the Chief Exec. Perhaps a meeting of the Kinross CCs should be held to share common concerns.
Youth Crime Survey: A survey has been received on this topic from Strathclyde University, asking the community for response – it was completed at this meeting.

Community Council Business
Graham attended the exhibition about a proposed extension to the Green Knowes wind farm. The plan is to add a maximum of ten further turbines of up to 111m in height to the current 18 at the site. The turbines are likely to be located to the North-east of the existing site at Sim’s Hill, Green Law and Rowantree Craig. The machines can be delivered to the site via the A9 and A823, finally using the existing access road. However a new control building and grid connection will need to be constructed. Currently this CC does not receive any of the Community benefit from the Green Knowes site; however there may be an opportunity for that to be addressed if this application is approved.

Councillors’ reports
Cllr Cuthbert: Is concerned about how rarely the Police attend this meeting. Further, the detection rates for crimes in this area have dropped, it would seem that the Police now focus on major crimes and the sort of crimes occurring in rural areas are receiving less attention. The Police will be holding a meeting on 26th November to seek input from Communities.
Cllr Barnacle: Nothing to report other than items previously discussed.

Planning Matters
Alistair responded to the Scottish Government’s scoping request for the proposed North Hill wind farm, and mentioned transport, landscape, bio-diversity, and other matters.
Alastair reported on the progress of the complaints raised by Kinross-shire Civic Trust about the handling of the planning application for the old Kinross High School site. Several of the points have been defined as questions rather than complaints, one or two items have been upheld, but with no indication that any changes will take place.

14/01808/FLL Alterations and extensions to dwelling house Courtyard Cottage, Tullibole Mill Farm, Crook of Devon, Kinross, KY13 0UL. New porch and room extension to existing building.
No Community Council comment.

Correspondence: All the correspondence was available for viewing:

AOCB: Verge cutting on A977 has involved what can only be described as mutilation of trees and shrubs. It is still policy to only cut verges a distance from the road to encourage bio-diversity. Additionally it is often difficult to ascertain ownership of land adjacent to roads, and it is the landowner’s responsibility to trim their own trees. Cllr Barnacle has enquired about this and been told by Paul Summers that the current activity is a once every ten years cut in order to comply with Road Traffic legislation. Further, a separate contractor will be deployed to tidy up all the debris produced.
Overhanging trees outside the Moubray Hall are causing problems with gutters, etc., – do PKC own the trees? Cllr Cuthbert will look into this.

Draft Agenda for Next CC Meeting
• Welcome and Apologies
• Declarations of Interest
• Community Policing
• Minutes of last meeting
• Matters arising: Unpaid Work Team, Hydro Scheme, Crook Moss Travellers’ Site, Glenquey Quarry, Blairingone Community Workshop, Lambhill Chipping Plant, Landscape Areas in Kinross-shire, A977 Defects, Waulkmill Play Area.
• Community Councillors - Meetings Attended
• PKC Councillors’ Reports
• Planning
• Correspondence
• AOCB

Next Meeting: Tuesday 2nd December 7:30 pm
Fossoway Primary School, Crook of Devon
All Welcome


Comments: 0

Fireworks Display at Nineacres 6 Nov 2014

fireworks.jpg

UPDATE: Unfortunately the Scouts had to cancel the original event, due to bad weather, and hope to have a small informal Scout firework display on Thursday 20 Nov at the campsite.

A Scout Leader with the 2nd Fife has been in touch. They have a camp site at the Crook of Devon (Nineacres) and are holding a small fireworks display tonight at 7.45 to 8pm and would like to inform any adjoining neighbours in case they have pets or animals that could be frightened by such an event.


Comments: 1

Electoral registration system is changing this autumn

Over the autumn, all Perth & Kinross Council residents will receive a letter through the post telling them about a change to the electoral registration system.

Individual Electoral Registration (IER), which came into effect on 19 September, replaces the household registration system that has existed for almost a century with a requirement to register individually.

The Electoral Registration Officer for Perth & Kinross Council will write to all electors across the council area to inform them of the change to the registration system.

Many electors will automatically move onto the new electoral register. However, some will need to take action to join or remain on it, which they will now be able to do online for the first time.

Alastair Kirkwood, Electoral Registration Officer for Perth & Kinross Council, said:

“All electors will receive a letter at the end of October 2014 that will explain the change to the electoral registration system. Look out for the letter as it will tell you if you have been automatically transferred to the new register or not. If you have not been transferred, you will need to provide some additional information and the letter will tell you exactly what you need to do.”

Legislation providing for the introduction of IER was first introduced by the last UK Government and was followed up by the Electoral Registration and Administration Act 2013 that was introduced by the current UK Government. This legislation ensured that the move to IER in Scotland would not begin until after the referendum, although it began in England and Wales on 10 June.

Andy O’Neill, Head of Scotland Office at the Electoral Commission, said:

“This autumn the Electoral Commission will launch an advertising campaign that will raise awareness of the change to Individual Electoral Registration. No one will come off the current electoral register because of this change until after next year’s UK Parliamentary General Election at the earliest. We will run further campaigns next year to help inform people across Scotland of the change to the registration system.”

For more information visit www.gov.uk/yourvotematters.
If you do not receive a letter contact The Electoral Registration Officer for Perth & Kinross Council on 01738 630303 or ku.vog.bjv-edisyat|htrep#ku.vog.bjv-edisyat|htrep


Comments: 0

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License